Repair Smoke Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a building. However, many people don’t realize that fire has other harmful elements. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke and your walls can be stained by smoke soot. Fires can damage both to your family and your house.
The technicians from Paul Davis understand that your cherished possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why our fire repair experts are ready to help restore your damaged possessions. Each Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damage to your building.
Ways to Clean Up Smoke Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, smaller kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your air conditioning to stop spreading smoke.
- To push out smoke, position large fans towards open windows and doors.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Clean hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings using odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of smoke repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we’re done with our fire repair services. Our experts are highly-trained in effective using productive equipment during our smoke repair cleaning services. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage removal expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. Our experts get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.