You Can Repair Smoke Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a house. However, there are many elements of fire, such as smoke and soot, that are just as destructive. Smoke odor can overwhelm your home and possessions, while walls can be damaged by smoke soot. Fires can be damaging to both to your home and your family.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your cherished possessions can be disheartening. That’s why our fire restoration experts are ready to help. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us immediately. We’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damages to your house.
Clean Up Smoke Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen fires can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, turn off your air conditioning.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to suck out the smoke.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could create stains.
- Clean countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item in your home that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings using odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. Paul Davis offers a variety of fire removal services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we finish our fire remediation services. Our experts are specialized in high-quality using productive equipment for our smoke remediation cleaning services, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage repair expenses. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration specialists from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.