How to Lookout for Water Leaks
Every building can experience water damages. Your home can receive water damages through basement flooding, sewer backups and heavy rainfall. At Paul Davis, we understand the financial and emotional toll that water damages can take on you and your family. The most effective way to decrease water damage to your home is to contact the professionals as soon as possible. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert will analyze and fix the issue, no matter the amount of water damage.
What Causes Water Damage?
We all have an appliance we need. But a malfunctioning appliance can cause major problems. Whether it’s your dishwasher, washing machine, toilet or sink, there are many appliances that could cause major issues by flooding. If you have an unexpected leak on your hands, don’t worry. Any water damage issues can be repaired by the highly trained water repair technicians from Paul Davis. Our technicians can repair water damage from the following:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Bathtubs, sinks or toilets that have overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that have backed up
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
- Heavy storms or rainfall
- Cresting rivers or streams
How to Avoid Water Damage
The best way to repair water damage is to avoid it altogether. In order to avoid high-priced repairs and possible homeonwer’s insurance claims, productive prevention is key. Consider the following to prevent water damage:
- If you find any leaks, examine them thoroughly and patch them up as soon as possible.
- Never pour grease down your sink. This can cause significant damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause undesirable stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When an emergency happens, know how to turn off your water main. As soon as a pipe leaks or bursts, shut off your water main to prevent any further damage.
- Check your water bill for any unforeseen spikes in your usage. You could have a leak on your hands.
- To avoid damage to your siding or foundation, clean your gutters regularly.
When it comes to stopping water damage, it’s important to be smart. Regularly check your home and appliances. Do you suspect that there’s a leak or another issue in your home? Don’t wait. Either address the leak yourself or call the experienced water damage technicians from Paul Davis.
The Water Damage Restoration Services from Paul Davis
When an emergency happens, don’t wait. Paul Davis franchises all provide 24/7 emergency services. This allows them to fix any water damages as soon as possible. Here are the water damage services that we offer:
- Assessing water damage
- Extracting water
- Drying affected areas
- Cleaning and restoring possessions
- Mold and mildew damage remediation
- Finding and repair the source the leak
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Assisting with filling insurance claims
Turn to Paul Davis for Your Water Damage Restoration Needs
Water damages can cause some major problems for your home. Call Paul! at 888-473-7769 if you’re in need of water damage remediation services. When you call, we’ll get you in touch with an expert in your area. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to handle whatever water emergency you have for us.