Water Damage Can Occur Anywhere, Anytime
Unless you know exactly what to look for, water damage can be difficult to detect by the untrained eye. Thankfully for homeowners, the experts from Paul Davis have a lot of experience in water damage. Our experienced professionals have repair water damage at every level of severity at extremely reasonable rates. Do you have unexpected water damage on your hands? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis. But in order to catch water damage before it escalates, homeowners should be able to detect water damage. It’s imperative to know what precautionary steps to take to evade water damage. The key to water damage repairs are prevention.
What Causes Water Damage?
How does water damage occur? When a surplus of water collects in areas where it shouldn’t. Paul Davis will come to your house to assess water damage as soon as possible. However, you need to know the signs of water damage. If you can stop water damage from occurring altogether, you will live in your house for years to come. Flooding can occur from both outside elements and from inside your house. Because water damage can be caused by so many things, you must be cautious. If you suspect that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
Water Damage Prevention
Many homeowners find water damage on their property when it’s too late. In most cases, it could have been prevented. There are ways to prevent this. If you want to avoid water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
Your house can experience significant damages from a burst or leaking pipe. Call Paul! at 888-473-7769 if you have serious water damages on your hands. Our professionals will connect you with an expert in your area. Because we have 50 years of experience under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to handle whatever water emergency you have for us.