Be on the Lookout for Water Damage
When you’re so busy cleaning and taking care of your house, checking for water damage probably isn’t a priority. It’s not uncommon for homeowners to find unexpected water damage after it was too late to reverse the damages. Has your house undergone water damage? Call the professionals as soon as possible. Your local Paul Davis professionals will come to your property to assess and repair any water damage in your house. But there are precautionary actions that any homeowner can take to avoid expensive water damage repairs. It’s important to know the signs of water damage in your house.
How Water Damage Happens
Water damage occurs when extra water accumulates in places where it can cause problems. Paul Davis can come to your house to examine water damage as soon as possible. However, you need to know the signs of water damage. If you can avoid water damage, you‘ll be able to live in your house for a long time. Water damage can occur from both outside elements and from inside your house. Because water damage is caused by so many elements, you must be on the lookout. If you believe that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
The Best Ways to Prevent Water Damage
There’s nothing worse than experiencing water damage on your property knowing you could have stopped it. There are ways to prevent this. If you want to avoid water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
Burst or leaking pipes can bring serious damages to your house. If you have significant water damages on your hands, call Paul Davis at 888-473-7769. When you reach out to us, our professionals will connect you with your local Paul Davis expert. Because we have 50 years of experience under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to tackle whatever water emergency you have for us.