Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere so, whether you can identify it or not, chances are your house has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the species of mold that is found in your home or property can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores migrate through the air and enter structures through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a residence on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be basically impossible for you to prevent mold entering your house. You need to be concerned when mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to rely on that can advise on the kind of mold present is worth the expense. Add to that an expert who will devise the optimal way to treat it and carry out the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial emergency restorative services for all kinds of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection of your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional with a high level of experience in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is step one in what can be a long procedure. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, your prime option is to work with a company who specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. Paul Davis provides mold remediation and removal services along with basic mold inspections. Mold will cause damage to your home as well as major health concerns to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, can adversely affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold advances through any surface it lives in, meaning that the longer it remains untreated in your house, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the species of mold growing in your home and effectively deal with treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general strains of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in individuals who suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic microbes.
With the multitude of molds that can reside in homes, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis will aid with making your residence free and safe from the most insidious molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium will cause hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold which grows outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be discovered in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is often found in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi which enters homes. It grows in damp, porous surfaces such as wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor strains bring about asthma attacks and induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, luckily is the least common household mold. It needs excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out light brown or pink in color but deepens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This highly responsive allergic mold is responsible for causing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold is found in houses after a flood or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It carries a dank odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in warm and cold areas and migrates rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has a strong reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and migrating in cold weather, this mold is pink or coral in color and is commonly found in a home’s soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It thrives in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, fabric and wood. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly found in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Call Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may suspect or know there is mold in your house call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation services necessary to remove dangerous mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.