Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can see it or not, there is a good chance mold is in your residence. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the strain of mold that is found in your home or business is the real issue. Mold spores migrate through the air and enter buildings through any opening, such as windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a location on clothing, shoes, and pets. It is virtually impossible for you to stop mold entering your property. You should be concerned when mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to turn to that can advise on the type of mold present is priceless. Pair that with an expert that can devise the optimal way for treatment and perform the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial abatement services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has in depth experience in this area. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be a long process. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. We offer mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold inspections. Mold will cause damage to your residence on top of major health concerns to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, does adversely affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through any surface it resides in, meaning that the longer it remains without treatment in your property, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the species of mold growing in your house and effectively manage treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general species of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in individuals which suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic microorganisms.
With the multitude of molds that can be found in homes, having an expert to diagnosis and investigate the extent of their spread is crucial to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis will aid with making your residence healthy and free from the most insidious molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold that thrives outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be discovered in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly found in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This large spore mold takes traction in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor mold that enters homes. It spreads in damp, porous surfaces such as textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor kinds cause asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least rampant household mold is good, as it is among the more horrible. It requires excessive moisture to thrive, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. Acremonium is a powdery mold that thrives in a selection of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This type of mold is most often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins light brown or pink in color but darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly allergic responsive mold, inducing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold is found in houses after a flood or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages and carries a dank odor. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in warm and cold areas and migrates rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of growing and migrating in cold temperatures, this mold is pink or coral in color and is most commonly found in a home’s soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms from this mold begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It thrives in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, upholstery and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly found in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Speak With Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect you have mold in your house call the team with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation services necessary to eradicate damaging mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.